BAAF in Scotland
Welcome to the Scotland page from Director Barbara Hudson
- Barbara Hudson - Director
- Pat Hutchison, Catriona Walker - Trainer/Consultants
- Alison Wilson - Child Placement Consultant
- Ravinder Kaur - Black & Minority Ethnic Issues Consultant
- Alexandra Plumtree - Legal Consultant
- Brenda Reilly - Office Manager
- Margaret Anne Lumsden, Sarah Sibbert - Administrative Assistant
- Shiona Campbell - WOSC Co-ordinator
- Monique Rutty - NEC Co-ordinator
From our city centre office, our staff provide services across the whole of Scotland. Trainer/Consultants travel throughout the country to provide specialised training to a wide range of agencies, including local authorities, independent fostering providers and voluntary adoption agencies.
Areas we cover
At this office we cover the whole of Scotland from the borders to the islands.
What we do
BAAF Scotland has a unique place in supporting, advising and campaigning for better outcomes for children in care. We work with everyone involved with adoption and fostering across Scotland, providing services to meet the needs of some of the vulnerable and marginalised children.
BAAF Scotland campaigns at both national and local level to achieve policy and legislation which will improve the experience of, and outcomes for all looked after children.
What we offer
- Advice for members of the public on adoption and fostering in Scotland. If you are thinking about Adoption and Fostering in Scotland we can help you.
- Advice for professionals on all aspects of adoption, fostering and planning for children.
- Child and family linking services. Choose your location: North East of Scotland or West Scotland.
- Consultancy services offering in depth help on individual complex cases, service reviews and team development.
- In our Resources section are statistics, website and publications specific to Scotland.
- Training on a wide range of subjects for social workers, foster carers, adoptive parents, residential workers and other professionals.
- Legislation, policy and practice
Launch of new film to help recruit adopters in Scotland
BAAF have launched a new film featuring adoptive families from across Scotland to help recruit more adopters The adoptive families have shared their heart-warming stories to inspire people to consider becoming a ‘forever family’ for a child or sibling group who are unable to live with their birth family.
The film, narrated by actress Clare Grogan who is herself an adoptive mum, was made in partnership with the BBC’s Outreach volunteering initiative. It is being made available to all Scottish adoption agencies and local authorities to help with their work recruiting more adopters.
BAAF Scottish Centre
113 Rose Street
Tel: 0131 226 9270
Fax: 0131 226 2503
Opening times: Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm
We have now set up a duty rota system for dealing with telephone/email enquiries. We hold two sessions per week, Tuesday and Thursday 1.30pm – 4.00pm.
BAAF Scotland Annual Review 2010/11
Find out about our activities and progress in the past year in this PDF