Fostering & Adoption
Find out about more information about Kinship Care, Special Guardianship and Private Fostering.
Diversity in fostering and adoption
Find out about:
- Caring for children with disabilities
- Black African, Caribbean, Asian and Mixed ethnicity children needing familes.
- Lesbian and gay men as foster carers and adopters.
- Information, advice and resources on tracing relatives can be found on www.adoptionsearchreunion.org.uk
- Information about CRB checks
- British Adoption Project 1965-1969 BAAF is a registered and inspected Voluntary Adoption Agency and holds the adoption records of people who were adopted as young children through the British Adoption Project. This research based project operated between 1965 and 1969.
The Fostering Information Exchange is an online group on the Local Government Association’s Knowledge Hub that allows users to create connections to peers and experts in the field of fostering.
It's a great way to share learning, experiences and ideas through discussion forums, blogs and wikis.
Achieving permanence through fostering with keynote address from Edward Timpson MP
London, 22 October 2014
This conference on 22 October will bring together interested professionals to consider upcoming legislative changes, and to look at opportunities to promote permanence through fostering.