We offer advice to all practitioners working in the field of adoption and fostering.
- The process of becoming an adopter or foster carer.
- Post placement and post adoption support.
- Tracing and contacting family members - for adult adoptees and birth relatives.
- Policy and practice issues for professionals.
- Some aspects of individual cases, though for more complex cases we would offer consultancy.
- Legislation, regulations and guidance.
- Available resources - such as books, self-help groups and research.
CoramBAAF Advice Line
- CoramBAAF members and those wanting information on adoption and fostering can contact the CoramBAAF Advice Line on 0300 222 5775, Mon – Fri, 9-1pm, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Useful Contacts
Members of the public seeking information about adoption in England
If you wish to find out about adoption in England, please contact First4Adoption
Call 0300 222 0222 Mon-Fri, 10am-6pm or visit www.first4adoption.org.uk
- If you are a foster carer or member of the public seeking information about fostering in England, please contact Fosterline on 0800 040 7675 or visit www.fosterline.info
For information about fostering outside England, or if you are a foster practitioner, please visit www.fostering.net
Scotland's Adoption Register has been transferred to St Andrew's Children's Society. www.standrews-children.org.uk
Scotland's Adoption Information Line is also being run by St Andrew's Children's Society and is open Mon-Fri, 10am-4pm.
For information call 0131 454 3370
Independent Review Mechanism
The Independent Review Mechanism for England is being run as a separate entity by Coram Children's Legal Centre. It can be accessed at www.independentreviewmechanism.org.uk
The Adoption Register
The Adoption Register for England is being managed independently by First4Adoption. For more information visit