Advice from BAAF
- The process of becoming an adopter or foster carer.
- Obtaining post placement and post adoption support.
- Tracing and contacting family members - for adult adoptees and birth relatives.
- Policy and practice issues for professionals.
- Some aspects of individual cases, though for more complex cases we would offer consultancy.
- Legislation, regulations and guidance.
- Available resources - such as books, self-help groups and research.
All England advice line
- Tel: 0203 597 6116
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Opening times: Monday to Friday 9.00am to 1.00pm
- Tel: 028 9031 5494
- Email: email@example.com
- Opening times: Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm
- Tel: 0131 226 9270
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Opening times: Tuesday and Thursday 1.30pm to 4.00pm
- Tel: 029 2076 1155
- Email: email@example.com
- Opening time: Monday and Thursday 9.00am to 12.00pm
Rhyl - Bilingual Service
- Tel: 01745 336 336
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Opening times: Monday and Thursday 9.00am to 12.00pm
Possible conflict of interest - be advised Our advice lines are staffed by very experienced staff with many years experience in Fostering and Adoption Practice.
If you ring in to seek advice and guidance about a particular aspect of practice, you should be aware that the adviser may be a member of a fostering or adoption panel that might later on consider the situation about which you are seeking advice.
Where the advice line staff member becomes aware of a potential conflict of interest they will bring it to your attention and offer you the chance to speak to another adviser. Please feel free to ask about this before you embark on seeking advice.