Information for adopted adults and post care (fostered) adults
Advice on tracing relatives
Information, advice and resources can be found on the Adoption Search and Reunion website. You'll find:
- A searchable database showing the location of adoption records
- A directory of agencies offering support and intermediary services
- Information about rights to make or refuse contact
- Articles about searching for and making contact with birth relatives
- Recommended reading for birth relatives, adoptive parents and adopted people.
Advice on the options available to you if you are applying for a job that needs a Disclosure from the DBS.
The British Association for Adoption and Fostering (BAAF) is a registered and inspected Voluntary Adoption Agency and holds the adoption records of people who were adopted as young children through the British Adoption Project. This research based project operated between 1965 and 1969.